Panoptic Realty complies with the requirements of the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) ("Privacy Act") as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Cth)("Amendment Act") and has adopted a set of principles in its policy which is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles as amended in March 2014 (APPs).
Information about you is collected by Panoptic Realty by lawful and fair means. By using our services and by using and continuing to use our Website you consent to us collecting, maintaining, using and disclosing your personal information.
By providing your personal information, you grant Panoptic Realty permission to collect your personal information and use it as required by Panoptic Realty. Information may also be collected from you for the purposes of providing you with our services now, or in the future.
Collection of Personal Information
Personal information is any information about you that identifies you, or information by which your identity can be reasonably determined. In general terms, it is any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include your name, address, telephone number, email address and profession or occupation. If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered personal information.
What Personal Information do we collect and hold?
The Personal Information we collect and hold will depend on the Service or Services we provide to you. We may collect your name, mailing or street address, email address, telephone number, facsimile number, age or birth date, profession, occupation or job title, governmental identification details and any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise and information you provide to us through our service centre, customer surveys or visits by our representatives from time to time.
We may also collect some information that is not Personal Information because it does not identify you or anyone else.
How do we collect your Personal Information?
We collect your Personal Information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting Personal Information from you, we may collect in ways including:
- through your access and use of our website
- by telephone, letter, fax or email
- during conversations between you and our representatives
- by contracting with us
- by entering competitions, promotions or requesting information or material from us
- completing surveys, providing feedback or complaining to us.
We may also collect personal information from third parties including:
- third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and government entities
- your representatives (lawyers, accountants and financial advisers)
- your employer
- publicly available sources of information or any other organisations where you have given your consent.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your Personal Information?
We collect Personal Information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to be able to provide you with the best possible customer service.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide products and services to you and to send communications requested by you;
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
- to provide you with access to protected areas of our website;
- to assess the performance of the website and to improve the operation of the website;
- to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control, survey and research purposes of Panoptic Realty, its related bodies corporate, contractors, franchisees, franchisees’ real estate agents and employees or service providers;
- to provide your updated personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, franchisees, franchisees’ real estate agents and employees or service providers;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country (or political sub-division of a country).
If you choose not to provide us with Personal Information, we may be unable to do such things.
We may collect, hold and use personal information about individuals to market our services, including by email. However, individuals always have the opportunity to elect not to receive further marketing information from us by writing to The Privacy Officer, Panoptic Realty, PO Box 1735, Buderim, QLD 4556, or by emailing the firstname.lastname@example.org . Please allow 28 days for your request to be processed.
If we collect, hold or use Personal Information in ways other than as stated in this policy, we will ensure we do so pursuant to the requirements of the Privacy Act.
To whom may we disclose your information?
We may disclose your Personal Information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors, franchisees, franchisees’ real estate agents and employees or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, utilities providers, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes; and
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
Direct marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications.
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside Australia?
We may disclose Personal Information to our related bodies corporate and third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your Personal Information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your Personal Information.
We may disclose your Personal Information to entities within Australia who may store or process your data overseas. In the event that a disclosure is made in an overseas country (which we consider unlikely), the information will not be protected by the Australian Privacy Principles. In any event, by providing your details, you consent to your information being disclosed in this manner.
Personal Information Security
Any information collected by Panoptic Realty is held with the strictest confidence. Panoptic Realty takes all reasonable precautions to safeguard your Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Panoptic Realty will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, whether electronically or in hard-copy, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. We also require our employees, contractors, agents and data processors to respect the confidentiality of any Personal Information held by Panoptic Realty.
It is our policy not to retain Personal Information once there is no longer a legal or business need for us to do so.
Access to Information
We will provide access to personal information upon request in writing by an individual, except in the limited circumstances in which it is permitted for us to withhold this information (for instance, where granting access would infringe another person's privacy).
When you make a request to access personal information, we will require you to provide some form of identification (such as a driver's licence or passport) so we can verify that you are the person to whom the information relates. In some cases we may also request an administrative fee to cover the cost of access.
If at any time you want to know what personal information we hold about you, you may contact us by writing to: The Privacy Officer, Panoptic Realty, PO Box 1735, Buderim, QLD 4556, or by emailing the email@example.com.
Corrections and Concerns
If you believe that information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, or if you have concerns about how we are handling your personal information, please contact us and we will try to resolve those concerns.
If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to delete it (unless we need to keep it for legal, auditing or internal risk management reasons).
Effect of Policy
Panoptic Realty operates in a dynamic business environment and we aim to review this policy from time-to-time in order to keep it current.
The amended policy will apply immediately between us whether or not we have given you specific notice of any change.